Sciatica refers to pain, weakness, numbness or tingling in the leg. The sciatic nerve starts in your lower back and runs through your hips and buttocks and down each leg. Sciatic pain varies widely.
Symptoms of Sciatica:
- A mild ache
- Sharp, burning sensation
- Excruciating discomfort
- Jolt or electric shock feeling
- Pain may be worse when you cough or sneeze
- Symptoms may be worse after prolonged sitting
- Usually only one side of your body is affected
- Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve becomes pinched, usually by a herniated disk in your spine or by an overgrowth of bone (bone spur) on your vertebrae.
However, just about anything that irritates the low back can cause sciatica-like pain. Even joints, nerve roots, discs and muscles can hurt in a way that mimics sciatica pain.
Treating for sciatica when you don’t have sciatica doesn’t do anyone any good! Muscle relaxers, physical therapy or injections will not help sciatica. We make sure you really have sciatica before we start treating it.
ADVANCED 3 STEP SCIATIC PAIN RELIEF PLAN
We have a unique 3-Step Sciatica Pain Relief Plan to correctly identify the cause and eliminate sciatica.
- 3-Step Sciatica Pain Relief Plan
- Comprehensive examination for accurate diagnosis
- Comprehensive treatment for fast results
- We are one of only a few offices that use chiropractic neurology, spinal decompression, cold laser, Brain-Based Therapy and Oxygen Therapy. Sciatica doesn’t stand a chance!
- Comprehensive home treatment and maintenance
- Preventive exercises and therapies will minimize the chances of a relapse.
We don’t want sciatica to happen to you again. We don’t want you to be in pain or feel dependent on anyone for your well-being.