HAND & WRIST PAIN RELIEF
Much of the hand and wrist pain we see in our practice is a result of repetitive motion disorders, but nerve damage, aging, arthritis and trauma also effect hands and wrists.
Some causes for hand pain and wrist pain include:
- Skier’s thumb
- Trigger finger or trigger thumb
- Trouble grasping or grabbing objects
- Pain on the thumb side of your wrist
- Weakened strength in your hands
- Increased pain after using your wrists and hands
- Pain when turning your wrist
- Stiff fingers when you wake up
- Pain that travels up your arm
- Tingling or burning feeling in your hands
Chiropractic treatment of repetitive movement disorders is discussed here. Treatment for other wrist and hand pain can include myofascial release, acupuncture, physical conditioning and exercises. We will pay special attention to “trigger points,” including muscles in the forearm and neck.
Dr. Aboudib may try manual manipulation of the joints and soft tissues of the area from the wrist to the spine, including the carpal bones, wrist, elbow, shoulder and articulations of the cervical (neck) and thoracic (upper back) spine. Muscles surrounding the forearm, upper arm, shoulder and upper back will also be tended to, as many patients complain of pain radiating from those areas.
Treatment may also include wrist decompression, cold laser, and/or ultrasound.