WHAT TO EXPECT
Your First Massage
Your First Massage : You are joining a growing number of men and women who have found medical and therapeutic massage to be a valuable addition to their health and fitness routines, and an effective compliment to other health care services. Many people seek medical/therapeutic massage as a natural means to promote healthy body functioning, and to enhance the body’s own restorative powers.
As with any new experience, you probably have many questions about what to expect in your first massage session. We have provided this section on our website to answer some of the most frequently asked questions from individuals new to medical and therapeutic massage, and make your first visit as comfortable and productive as possible.
Do You Suffer From Any Pre-existing Conditions?
One of the first things your Massage Specialist will want to know is why you are getting massage. Our highly trained Specialists will plan the session to address your specific needs. The most common reasons are:
- Relieving Sore or Tight Muscles
- TMJ/Clinching Teeth
- Torn Rotator Cuff
- Carpal Tunnel
- Aching Neck/Shoulders
- Recovery from Sports Activity or Injury
- Improve Circulation
- Seasonal Detox
- Auto Accident Injuries
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Soreness from Work Out
- General Health and Fitness
Are There Any Precautions?
There are certain situations in which caution should be taken before receiving Medical or Therapeutic Massage. It is generally agreed upon that persons with Lymphatic Cancer, Blood Clots or a Fever consult their doctor to receiving massage.
Discuss financial matters before the session to avoid any misunderstandings. Usually these matters are discussed by phone prior to, or when making an appointment.
- Payment: Payment is typically made immediately after you session. Although, some clients do prefer to pay before their treatment, due to the fact of bring so relaxed afterward they do not have to think about the checking out and payment process. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Personal Check and Cash.
- Tipping: Tipping is customary, but is not required. There is no standard amount for tipping in the massage industry as there is in for instance to restaurant industry which is an industry standard of 15%-20%. Most of our clients use the same tipping standards as in the restaurant industry.
- Missed Appointments: It is a courtesy to give at least 24 hours’ notice if you must cancel or reschedule and appointment.
- Insurance Coverage: Check with your insurance company first, if you a expecting them to cover the cost of Medical/Therapeutic Massage. This varies from company to company and from state to state.
Possible Concerns About the Session
It is important that you are comfortable during your massage, and that you know your options. Here are some commonly expressed concerns of newcomers to massage.
- Modesty: You will remain covered with either a sheet or blanket. You may choose to be totally or partially unclothed under the sheet/blanket. As each part of the body is being massaged, it is uncovered. Many people prefer to wear their underpants during massage. Some forms of massage, such as Sports, Shiatsu and seated Chair Massage may be performed with the client fully clothed. Please let your Massage Specialist know what you are comfortable with.
- Talking:Talking during the massage is optional. Some people prefer silence, especially during a massage for general relaxation, while others like more social interaction. Always feel free to give the therapist feedback on anything causing discomfort. Your Massage Specialist may request feedback from you, especially when addressing a specific problem.
- Oil: Oils and liniments are commonly used to enable the therapist’s hands to glide over the skin without causing chaffing or pulling hair. All of our oils and liniments are completely natural if not certified organic. We also have 32 of our very own DISCOVER Massage Essential Oils that can be incorporated into your treatment to help with hundreds of ailments.
- Make-up and Hair: Massage of the face, scalp or neck may result in disturbing your make-up or hairstyle. Please let your Massage Specialist know if this is a concern. They may modify their technique, be especially careful or skip an area all together.
- Pain: Whether you will feel any pain during the massage depends on many factors, including your physical condition, the reason for your massage or if you have had a recent injury. Please discuss this before the massage. It is also very important that you give feedback to your Massage Specialist during the massage, especially if you are feeling any discomfort. Extremely tense muscles may lead to some discomfort during your massage. If you have never had a massage or it has been quite a while since your last treatment, sometimes there is some delayed discomfort for a brief period after your massage. The reason for this is because your muscles may be storing impurities and when the muscles are massaged, these impurities are released. Drink plenty of water to help flush out any impurities released during a massage. The more massages you receive will help keep your body in a more pure state and you will almost never feel any discomfort afterward.
- Length of Session: Massage sessions generally last from ½ hour to 1 ½ hours. The amount of time depends on the purpose of the session, the Massage Specialists schedule, and the availability of your time and resources. Our most frequently requested massage is 1 hour, but 1 ½ hour is becoming much more popular.
Some General Advice
Be an active participant in the session. Ask questions about things you do not understand, make your wishes known. It is extremely important to let your Massage Specialist know if you are uncomfortable at any time. If you have any other questions that have not been answered above, you may also call prior to booking an appointment or before your previously scheduled appointment and speak to one of our Front Desk Team members, they are very knowledgeable with massage procedures. Above all relax and enjoy your massage!
We ask that you respectfully give a 24 hour notice of cancellation. 231-421-5213
We charge ½ price for the first missed session and full price for all others after if we are unable to fill your late cancelled appointment. Cancelling of an appointment in less than 24 hours or failure to attend a scheduled appointment with the intent on redeeming a gift certificate will result in the forfeiting of that certificate. Recognizing that we do set aside the scheduled time just for you, have other clients to consider and have to maintain a smoothly running business, we do find it necessary to charge for appointments that are repetitively changed on the day of the scheduled appointment. Existing clients or insurance clients who have cancelled on us at the last minute or have failed to show up for a scheduled appointment will be asked to guarantee future appointments with a credit card. Refusal to provide us with credit card information may result in termination of our relationship.