WORK INJURY DESCRIPTION AND CAUSES
Work-related injuries range from repetitive stress injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome to serious trauma.
The most common work injuries affect the neck and low back, typically associated with bulged or herniated disc. Disc injuries are often accompanied by numbness or tingling in the upper and lower extremities.
Work injuries can also include injuries to the wrist, knee and shoulder.
Common work injuries include:
- Overexertion: Injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, holding, carrying and throwing.
- Falls: On slippery or wet surfaces, snow-covered paths or falling from ladders, roofs or stairways.
- Objects: Whether it’s something that falls from a shelf, or an immobile wall or window, workplace injuries from being struck by an object or running into an object are common.
- Car accidents
- Machinery accidents
- Repetitive motion: Injury caused by doing the same activity over and over, like typing or using the computer. This can strain muscles, tendons, cause back pain, vision problems and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Assaults and violent acts
- Overexertion, falls, objects
- Low back pain
- Upper back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Neck pain
- Car accidents, machinery accidents
- Whiplash symptoms
- Back pain
- Repetitive motion, carpal tunnel syndrome
- Burning, tingling or itching numbness
- Fingers feel useless and swollen (even if no swelling is visible)
- Symptoms intensify at night
- Grip strength weakens
- Difficulty forming a fist or grabbing small objects
- Inability to tell hot or cold by touch
GENERAL PAIN TREATMENT OF WORK INJURIES
It is essential to get proper care following a work injury, not only to relieve the pain but also to rehabilitate the injured area. Without the proper treatment, it is more likely for the injury to reoccur.
Initial therapy for repetitive motion and carpal tunnel syndrome includes resting the affected hand and wrist, including Chiropractic joint manipulation accompanied by:
- Chiropractic joint mobilization
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Cold laser
- Electrical acupuncture
Dr. Aboudib has treated thousands of work injuries, including slip-and-falls and exertion injuries. We have experience with workers compensation and will work with you and your employer to get you back on the job quickly.